< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://www.sotr.us" >
Republic. I like the sound of the word. It means people can live free, talk free, go or come, buy or sell, be drunk or sober, however they choose. Some words can give you a feeling that makes your heart warm. Republic is one of those words. - John Wayne

Tuesday, July 27, 2004
 
Thom's Pic of the Day - A Prophetic Photo from the Primaries
by Thom the Blog Culler
I'd like to start a new daily feature for this blog, and as you can see from the title of this post, I'm going to call it "Thom's Pic of the Day."  For me, limiting myself to one good photo per days really represents an exercise in restraint.  In my hard-earned capacity as "Official Blog Culler," I come across lots of photos worth sharing here.  However, to avoid diminishing the delightful impact value of each photo,  I will force myself to judiciously share only the very best I come across.  I hope that you, dear reader, will enjoy the my pic selections as much as I do.

Today's Pic comes to us from way back in Primary season, when the Boston Strangler was giving little talks to little groups of people at little universities, trying to drum up support for his little campaign from students with little sense, little cash, but lots of spare time on their hands. 

An humorous wardrobe selection, combined with a clever choice of camera angle, provided us way back when with prophetic insight into the charismatic nature of the Strangler's campaign.      



In case you have difficulty reading it, his shirt says:

 "Your mouth keeps moving but al I hear is BLAH, BLAH, BLAH." 

Not a bad line for W to employ in a future debate with the Strangler.  Gosh I love election season.

What Can I Say More?



0 Comment(s):
Post a Comment

<< Home


Powered by Blogger eXTReMe Tracker

Mormon Temple
Dusty Harry Reid Dusty Harry Reid Drunk Ted Kennedy Sons of the Republic