< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://www.sotr.us" >
Republic. I like the sound of the word. It means people can live free, talk free, go or come, buy or sell, be drunk or sober, however they choose. Some words can give you a feeling that makes your heart warm. Republic is one of those words. - John Wayne

Friday, August 13, 2004
 
Thom's Second Caption Contest Winner
by Thom the Blog Culler
Well folks, we have ourselves another winner!

We had multiple good entries into the contest today, and so I'm thrilled with the response from our dedicated readership. Since there was so much participation, I must give an honorable mention to our unexepected commenter Chainik Hocker multiple entries including:
"Hey, Chirac, go long!"

And:
"I knew Jack Kennedy. Jack Kennedy was a friend of mine. And you, sir, are no Jack Kennedy... and no amount of throwing a football around, having a mentally unstable wife, or making bad foreign policy decisions will distract the voters from that fact"

Keep up the good work!

And so, without further ado, in keeping with the over-riding theme of today's posts, the winner of Thom's Second Caption Contest is once again our very own Bonjo with:



"Governor McGreevey, catch!!"

As the host of the contest, I didn't enter my own caption which would have been something like:

"Well, Hellooo Thailor!"

But that caption requires you to not notice the hurtling football in the photo. Bonjo's entry captured the spirit of my own caption while being more topically appropriate to today's headline news.

Well done friends!

What can I say more?


1 Comment(s):
If you really wanted to give me an honorable mention, you'd link me all over the blogosphere, you ingrates.
Post a Comment

<< Home


Powered by Blogger eXTReMe Tracker

Mormon Temple
Dusty Harry Reid Dusty Harry Reid Drunk Ted Kennedy Sons of the Republic