< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://www.sotr.us" >
Republic. I like the sound of the word. It means people can live free, talk free, go or come, buy or sell, be drunk or sober, however they choose. Some words can give you a feeling that makes your heart warm. Republic is one of those words. - John Wayne

Tuesday, September 21, 2004
 
The Clintonian Apology
by Bonjo
Greetings from the Left Coast. I've been wanting to post for the last few days, but have been busy making money hand over fist out here (despite what Democrats call a soft U.S. economy).

What I've read of Rather's apology reminds me of the short-tempered husband who apologizes to his wife. "I'm sorry I yelled at you. I was right, though, despite the fact that I yelled, and you deserved to be yelled at. Too bad those neighbors overheard through the open window."

That, in a nutshell, is what Dan's apology amounted to: "I'm sorry I was caught. I still think I'm right, however." (who does that remind you of? *cough* Bill Clinton!)

I think Dan should adopt the signature broadcast conclusion of now-retired Walter Cronkite. Cronkite would end his newscasts by saying, "And that's the way it is." Given his recent track record for reporting "facts," Dan could buy the rights to Cronkite's tag line and conclude, "And that's the way it isn't."
0 Comment(s):
Post a Comment

<< Home


Powered by Blogger eXTReMe Tracker

Mormon Temple
Dusty Harry Reid Dusty Harry Reid Drunk Ted Kennedy Sons of the Republic