< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://www.sotr.us" >
Republic. I like the sound of the word. It means people can live free, talk free, go or come, buy or sell, be drunk or sober, however they choose. Some words can give you a feeling that makes your heart warm. Republic is one of those words. - John Wayne

Tuesday, October 12, 2004
 
Memo to Senator Mark Dayton (d-MN)
by Cordeiro
Dear Senator:

Regarding your recent announcement regarding the closure of your senate office due to a "Top Secret Threat", I have a few comments to make.

First off, let me tell you I'm not too impressed. I, like many other federal employees, work in close proximity to the Capitol area. I do this by choice. Every morning I come to work in my chosen profession, for the betterment of myself, my family, and indeed my country. I do so recognizing the fact I work in a target rich environment when it comes to terrorism. Doing what I do is my own way of flipping the bird to the terrorists.

Then we come to you. You are one of 535 Members of Congress - one of one hundred US Senators. We, the American people in general, and the people of Minnesota specifically, have elected you to do a job. Somehow, 534 other members of congress have somehow managed, some bravely so, to do this job without closing the offices provided to them at the expense and sacrifice of the American taxpayer.

You see, Senator, going to work is part of the American way of life. The people working at the Pentagon somehow go to work every morning. Nobody has closed their office out of fear there. We live our lives according to the dictates of our own desires and dreams. Despite the attacks of September 11, 2001 and the constant threat since that date - most Americans go about their daily lives despite that threat.

Everyone except you, Senator. I don't know if you needed your fifteen minutes of camera time this week, or maybe you feel not enough attention has been paid to you. I understand how you could feel that way. Even being the astute political junkie that I am, until this afternoon I had never heard your name before - in any context.

I am nothing if not blunt and politically incorrect. Let me get right to the point so you can get back to doing whatever it is you do.

You, sir, are a coward. Worse than that, you're a grandstanding coward.

Minnesota deserves better.

Here endeth the lesson.
0 Comment(s):
Post a Comment

<< Home


Powered by Blogger eXTReMe Tracker

Mormon Temple
Dusty Harry Reid Dusty Harry Reid Drunk Ted Kennedy Sons of the Republic