< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://www.sotr.us" >
Republic. I like the sound of the word. It means people can live free, talk free, go or come, buy or sell, be drunk or sober, however they choose. Some words can give you a feeling that makes your heart warm. Republic is one of those words. - John Wayne

Wednesday, October 27, 2004
 
Why Bush Will Win on November 2nd
by Bonjo
It's not every U.S. President that Americans identify with. Some presidents have a unique ability to win the affections of the electorate; some do so with charisma, others with charm, and others with strong evidence of leadership.

President Bush is a president that has a very committed base of voters. While people may not agree with everything that President Bush has done, he is liked by the people. He is trusted by the people. President Bush has an overwhelming approval rate for his handling of the war on terror (most people trust Bush than Kerry to handle the War on Terror: 53% to 39%).

Recently, I was on a shopping errand with my family. As we were walking into a store, I spotted a van (pictured below) that had pro-Bush messages on just about every window. Unfortunately, I didn't have my digital camera with me (it never fails, I leave the camera at home, I see something interesting). I can honestly say that I've never seen a vehicle decorated like this one outside of sporting events. I had a chance to chat with the vehicle's driver. These are the type of people you want living next door to you. A good strong family. Good morals. And an unabashed support for our Commander in Chief. I can't imagine a group of people decorating a family vehicle in support of John Kerry. I just can't imagine it, and I haven't seen that sort of enthusiasm out there for the Junior Senator from Massachusetts. Bush has a connection with the families that make up the fiber of our society, as evidenced in this photo:


Exhibit A: Why Bush will win on November 2nd, Part 1

This next picture is also very telling. Recently I visited the home of another family, again, the type of people you would want next door to you. The kids play sports, the dad works hard, the mom spends her days trying to keep up with the kids. They love their family, they love their freedom, and they value their safety. In this family's living room is a picture of President and Laura Bush. Right there in the living room, together with pictures of their own family members. Again, President Bush has a connection with people, and in this case, this family has put George W. Bush's picture in the same collection with members of their own family. That is a factor that, I believe, polls cannot calculate. I just can't imagine John Kerry arousing such a connection with the families that make up the heart and soul of America.


Exhibit B: Why Bush will win on November 2nd, Part 2

This being said, it is up to us to go to the polls and cast our votes. Talk to your friends, neighbors and relatives, and encourage them to exercise their Constitutional right to vote. You don't have to persuade them to vote one way or another, just encourage them to take the time to drive to the polls and pull the lever. I can't tell you how many people I spoke with following the 2000 election that, for some reason or another, did not bother to vote. Even if you're in a state that is "written off" as being in one candidate's column or another, go vote. Such votes in 2000 could have erased attempts by the left to undermine the legitimacy of President Bush's election.

If you value your family, your freedoms, your safety, your money and most of all, your country, make sure that your vote for President Bush is counted on November 2nd.
0 Comment(s):
Post a Comment

<< Home


Powered by Blogger eXTReMe Tracker

Mormon Temple
Dusty Harry Reid Dusty Harry Reid Drunk Ted Kennedy Sons of the Republic