< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://www.sotr.us" >
Republic. I like the sound of the word. It means people can live free, talk free, go or come, buy or sell, be drunk or sober, however they choose. Some words can give you a feeling that makes your heart warm. Republic is one of those words. - John Wayne

Monday, November 01, 2004
 
The Election, Summarized
by Bonjo
Though John Kerry would have you forget, we don't live in the world of September 10, 2001. We live in the world of September 11. I have not forgotten what it felt like to watch my fellow Americans as they were murdered on national television. I remember seeing people jump from their windows in the World Trade Center, undoubtedly knowing they would die on impact but choosing that over the hell that faced them inside. I remember watching video of the Pentagon burning, knowing that had I been in my office that day I wouldn't have needed a television to see the smoke.



On the other hand, I remember George W. Bush as he embraced this nation, as he stood on a smoldering pile of rubble and promised to punish those responsible. I remember President Bush as he spoke to a joint session of Congress, and told governments the world over that they would turn over the terrorists or "share in their fate." I remember President Bush when he told America that bombing had begun in Afghanistan, and subsequently, in Iraq. I know President Bush won't rest as long as he's in office, and as long as there are sub-human terrorist thugs out there who want to kill me and my family.

Sure, I agree with President Bush's economic policies. I agree with President Bush's stand on moral issues. For this and other reasons, Bush has my support for this election. To quote the now legendary Zell Miller:

"Like you, I think of [my family's] future, the promises and the perils they will face.

"Like you, I believe that the next four years will determine what kind of world they will grow up in.

"And like you, I ask which leader is it today that has the vision, the willpower and, yes, the backbone to best protect my family?

"The clear answer to that question has placed me in this hall with you tonight. For my family is more important than my party.

"There is but one man to whom I am willing to entrust [my family's] future and that man's name is George Bush."

0 Comment(s):
Post a Comment

<< Home


Powered by Blogger eXTReMe Tracker

Mormon Temple
Dusty Harry Reid Dusty Harry Reid Drunk Ted Kennedy Sons of the Republic