< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://www.sotr.us" >
Republic. I like the sound of the word. It means people can live free, talk free, go or come, buy or sell, be drunk or sober, however they choose. Some words can give you a feeling that makes your heart warm. Republic is one of those words. - John Wayne

Thursday, November 11, 2004
 
Veterans Day
by Bonjo
Today we remember those who serve and have served our nation in the armed forces. The Stars and Stripes adorn the Bonjo residence, and I am indeed grateful to those men and women who have answered the call of duty to defend our nation, our freedoms and liberties, and our way of life.

Off the top of my head, the following members of my family have served in the military in some fashion or another...
My father: reserves.
My brother: Marine Corps, now active in the reserves.
My father-in-law: Army, then reserves.
Both of my wife's grandparents are WWII veterans, both put off school and "life" to serve in the Navy.
There are two uncles, my wife's cousin, and I'm sure others that I am forgetting.

We are all enjoying, this very day, the rewards that these men and women have earned for our country. They have gone to foreign lands, they have put themselves in harm's way, and they have preserved freedom in the process.

May God bless those individuals for their individual sacrifice. And may we remember, this day and every day, that our freedom comes with a price.

The question I pose is, What are you doing with the freedom that has been purchased for you?
0 Comment(s):
Post a Comment

<< Home


Powered by Blogger eXTReMe Tracker

Mormon Temple
Dusty Harry Reid Dusty Harry Reid Drunk Ted Kennedy Sons of the Republic