< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://www.sotr.us" >
Republic. I like the sound of the word. It means people can live free, talk free, go or come, buy or sell, be drunk or sober, however they choose. Some words can give you a feeling that makes your heart warm. Republic is one of those words. - John Wayne

Wednesday, December 22, 2004
 
Re-Indoctrinating my Child
by Bonjo
Yesterday when I arrived home from work, my 3-year old son met me in the kitchen.

He gave me a hug, and said, "Have a good holiday, daddy!"

What the... a good holiday? Needless to say, my son had picked this up at pre-school, where I guess even now it's important to be "P.C."

I'm all for being sensitive to the beliefs of others. However, at Christmas time, it is not an infringement upon anyone's rights to be told, "Merry Christmas."

Thus, I decided to use my son as a Weapon of Mass Christmas Greetings. I asked him to say, "Merrrrrry Christmas!", which he did. We practiced it, we shouted it, we laughed as we did so. Then I said, "Tomorrow, when you go to school, tell your teacher 'Merrrrrry Christmas!'"

Then I added: "And tell allllll of the other boys and girls: 'Merrrrry Christmas!'"

If there's one thing I know about my 3-year old, he'll be shouting "Merry Christmas" until his birthday next summer.

Muahahahah!

With that I return to my capitalist endeavors.
3 Comment(s):
I can see the headline now:

ACLU Demands Arrest of "Merrrry Christmas Tot"
Just so long as you didn't teach him to say "Ho, ho, ho"- he'd be thrown out in a second for sexual harrasment.
On this I must agree with you. No harm in "Merry Christmas"-sing people. 

Posted by A portuguese guy
Post a Comment

<< Home


Powered by Blogger eXTReMe Tracker

Mormon Temple
Dusty Harry Reid Dusty Harry Reid Drunk Ted Kennedy Sons of the Republic