< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://www.sotr.us" >
Republic. I like the sound of the word. It means people can live free, talk free, go or come, buy or sell, be drunk or sober, however they choose. Some words can give you a feeling that makes your heart warm. Republic is one of those words. - John Wayne

Monday, February 07, 2005
 
Ted Kennedy Proves CBS Wrong
by Bonjo
CBS had promised us that this year, come Super Bowl Sunday, there would be no boobs on television.

They were proved wrong. They couldn't predict, however, that Senator Kennedy would appear that day on the Sunday talk shows. Kennedy was on the air to complain about Social Security reform, and the war in Iraq. I'm sure his viewpoint on both topics came as a surprise to all 10 people who were watching NBC's "Meet the Press".

Kennedy claims that Social Security needs mending, not overhaul. If "mending" involves replacing the engine, the transmission, the tires, the exhaust system, giving it a new coat of paint and adding a new stereo, then I suppose he's correct. But from my limited knowledge of auto mechanics, I believe that would qualify as an "overhaul."

Kennedy touted the Liberal claim that Social Security isn't going bankrupt. In fact, he says, it will be able to pay 81% of benefits in the year 2035. By the early 2040's, when yours truly will be looking to refrain from full-time capitalistic endeavors, Social Security will be able to pay about 71% of benefits.

If I were only able to pay my creditors 71% of the money I owe, I guarantee you they would consider me bankrupt. Fortunately for me, I have this nasty little habit of not promising more than I can produce... unlike the liberals in congress.

When "Senator Scotch" was done mumbling about Social Security, he went on to criticize the war in Iraq, saying we needed a new policy to deal with the country. Something must be wrong, what with Iraqis dancing in the streets, holding their own elections, and joining the military and police forces in increasing numbers. Yes, some might say we're about to succeed in Iraq, so no wonder Kennedy and his liberal buddies are all up in arms.

America's continued success means the Democrats' continued famine of political power.

With that I return to my capitalist endeavors.
0 Comment(s):
Post a Comment

<< Home


Powered by Blogger eXTReMe Tracker

Mormon Temple
Dusty Harry Reid Dusty Harry Reid Drunk Ted Kennedy Sons of the Republic