< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://www.sotr.us" >
Republic. I like the sound of the word. It means people can live free, talk free, go or come, buy or sell, be drunk or sober, however they choose. Some words can give you a feeling that makes your heart warm. Republic is one of those words. - John Wayne

Thursday, March 10, 2005
 
Courage!
by Cordeiro
Just when I thought Dan Rather could do no more to push the envelope of journalistic silliness, he not only meets but surpasses all expectations.

Bonjo called me last night to remind me of Dan's last stand. I, like most Americans, was watching something else - personally I was over watching a SpikeTV rerun of CSI. I wondered aloud to Bonjo, prophetically as it turned out, if the Dan would sign off using his much ridiculed 80's phrase "Courage!".

Imagine my utter surprise when he did just that. He couched it in praise for the military and journalists who work in difficult circumstances and situations, but it still came off as corny. And coming from someone who displayed not courage but cowardice in the face of the Memogate scandal, it came off as laughable.

Perhaps Dan took his cue from another media icon.


Courage!

0 Comment(s):
Post a Comment

<< Home


Powered by Blogger eXTReMe Tracker

Mormon Temple
Dusty Harry Reid Dusty Harry Reid Drunk Ted Kennedy Sons of the Republic