< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://www.sotr.us" >
Republic. I like the sound of the word. It means people can live free, talk free, go or come, buy or sell, be drunk or sober, however they choose. Some words can give you a feeling that makes your heart warm. Republic is one of those words. - John Wayne

Thursday, March 17, 2005
 
Feminism Can Kill You
by Thom the Blog Culler
Okay, so I am admittedly a little slow on the uptake these days. With all the time I'm spending getting my new business off the ground and all, I haven't been doing much blog-culling. Perhaps I should change my name to "Thom the Headline-Skimmer" or something like that.

Just skimming along the daily headlines, I naturally heard about the multiple fatalities from the courtroom shooting in Atlanta. When I heard about it, I felt really bad for the poor court deputy that had HIS gun wrestled away from HIM.

Okay, so the HIS and HIM part of those stories was an automatic supposition on my part. As an attorney, I have spent a fair amount of time working in courthouses and courtrooms where the only folks (supposedly) with guns were burly (usually bald-headed) men. At least those are the court deputies that stick out in my memory, since those are the ones I was concious of needing to protect me from the occasional angry whacko who made their way into the courthouse.

If I think back really hard, I can vaguely remember the presence of lots of uniformed women deputies around the courthouse, and while I can't recall any of them being bald, they did tend to be as wide as they were tall. I don't remember any of them being particularly burly, buff, or intimidating, except perhaps for the mean attitude most of them had.

Anyway, my point is that I probably remember the burly-man deputies the most because I worked hard at developing very friendly relationships with them. Since I was not allowed to carry a stick or tazer or gun of my own into the courthouse, I wanted them to condsider me a friend, so that if some disgruntled whack-job ever felt the need to start pounding on my thin skull, my burly-man deputy friends would feel inclined to help me out and not wait around a while watching me get what I probably deserve anyway.

So imagine my surprise this morning when, in a brief, early-morning, pre-hectic workday rendesvous with "my sweet Baboo" (get your mind out of the gutter). I learned that the court officer was something more like a five-foot tall grandmother that one of my burly-men protectors of choice. Why didn't I hear about this in the headlines?

A judge and a couple of other good people who would otherwise be alive today are dead, not because the former-linebacker defendant got the better of one of my burly-man friends, but because feminists have got the better of government decision makers for a long time now. Police forces and courthouses have abdicated wisdom and good sense in favor of appeasing the liberal, feminist, politically-correct main-stream media enforced notion that small women are just as good at everything that a large bald-headed burly man is.

Sure. Let grandma guard the former linebacker. Jeopardize a courthouse full of people trying to do their jobs and administer justice while the only guns in the courthouse (supposedly) are in the hands of little old ladies. That's smart. That's wise.

With all due respect to the esteemed President of Harvard University, I don't give a flying fig why there are not more women math and science faculty in our nation's universities. I do care why there are so many grandmotherly women entrusted to protect the public in places where the public is denied the tools to protect themselves. Nobody ever died because they had to learn calculus from a man.

What can I say more?
2 Comment(s):
Does Mrs. Blog Culler know about your brief, early-morning, pre-hectic workday rendesvous with "your sweet Baboo"? 

Posted by Cordeiro
"... to protect me from the occasional angry whacko who made their way into the courthouse ..."

How many times do I have to tell you? I saw you go into the courthouse and thought I'd stop in and say hello. 

Posted by Bonjo
Post a Comment

<< Home


Powered by Blogger eXTReMe Tracker

Mormon Temple
Dusty Harry Reid Dusty Harry Reid Drunk Ted Kennedy Sons of the Republic