< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://www.sotr.us" >
Republic. I like the sound of the word. It means people can live free, talk free, go or come, buy or sell, be drunk or sober, however they choose. Some words can give you a feeling that makes your heart warm. Republic is one of those words. - John Wayne

Monday, June 13, 2005
 
The Horror! The Unmitigated Gall!
by Cordeiro
Time Magazine blows the lid of the "torture" tactics used in Gitmo interrogations. The techniques are so inhumane I'm thinking of signing Prisoner's petition to have Gitmo shut down and turned over to Fidel Castro.

Perhaps that's because I haven't had my morning Diet Coke.

Here are some of the torturous techniques that were documented to have been used on Detainee 063:

* Standing for prolonged periods of time. (In a fashion reminiscent of Disneyland)
* Solitary Confinement for up to 30 days.
* Puppet shows mocking his involvement in al-Qaeda. (I personally think prolonged exposure to daytime TV soaps would have better results.)
* Hanging pictures of scantily clad women around his neck.
* "Invasion of space by Female".
* Pouring water over his head in a "Drink It Or Wear It" exercise.

And, last, but not least and by far the most horrible:

* Continuous playing of Christina Aguilera music as punishment for non-cooperation.

An un-named former Soviet gulag warden was quoted as saying "If only Christina Aguilera would've been born sooner, perhaps our interogations would've been more effective."
3 Comment(s):
* Continuous playing of Christina Aguilera music as punishment for non-cooperation.

Is the military and intelligence community off their collective rocker? What reliable information could possiblely be obtained using such ludicrious forms or interrogation?

And you said Amnesty International is out of touch? I think our interrogators need to prove they can comprehend at higher than third-grade level first. Then, I'll be willing to leave detainees in these idiots' care.
I had no idea you were such an expert on interrogation techniques. Would you mind stating for the record your qualifications as an interrogator? Might we see the information you have shaken loose from unwilling sources?

The military intelligence community has nothing to prove to you, and you have no foundation of knowledge from which to attack the way they do their jobs.

Its very easy for you to sit in the peanut gallery and throw rocks. If you have so many great ideas as to how to fight this war, go find an enlistment station and sign yourself up. Otherwise thank those that do the job you are unwilling or unable to and go on your way.

If I were you, I'd be very careful about who I referred to as an "idiot".
If I were you, I'd be very careful about who I referred to as an "idiot".

I got too incensed... sorry. I don't want to degenerate into the name-calling game too much.

Let's face it though, neither one of us are experts in law or interrogation. I assume we both are just average citizens trying to make sense of the world's insanity. What we disagree on I guess is what is "insane" and what is not.

You think groups that decry civil rights abuses are "left-wing moonbats", whereas I believe interrogators who play Christina Aguilera to their captives are crazy and idiotic.

Six of one is half a dozen of another.
Post a Comment

<< Home


Powered by Blogger eXTReMe Tracker

Mormon Temple
Dusty Harry Reid Dusty Harry Reid Drunk Ted Kennedy Sons of the Republic