< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://www.sotr.us" >
Republic. I like the sound of the word. It means people can live free, talk free, go or come, buy or sell, be drunk or sober, however they choose. Some words can give you a feeling that makes your heart warm. Republic is one of those words. - John Wayne

Monday, July 11, 2005
 
Wasting Away in Managerville
by Bonjo
Perhaps Bill Coleman of Salary.com reads SOTR?

I'm also guessing that in government circles the figure is much higher than 2 hours. That's just a hunch, though.

My question is, where are these employees' managers? I had an employee who wasted a considerable amount of time online, and consumed considerable electronic resources in online activities. Note I said "had", the past tense of "have". I can understand that there are slow times and down times, but if people are consistently wasting 2 hours a day, then I say fire their managers and hire someone who knows how to keep people working.

Time is money.

And speaking of time, money, and work, I now return to my adventures in capitalism.
1 Comment(s):
You're such an incorrigible capitalist.
Post a Comment

<< Home


Powered by Blogger eXTReMe Tracker

Mormon Temple
Dusty Harry Reid Dusty Harry Reid Drunk Ted Kennedy Sons of the Republic