< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://www.sotr.us" >
Republic. I like the sound of the word. It means people can live free, talk free, go or come, buy or sell, be drunk or sober, however they choose. Some words can give you a feeling that makes your heart warm. Republic is one of those words. - John Wayne

Wednesday, August 17, 2005
 
Captain Sherman Powell, United States Army
The Matt Lauer Smackdown

by Cordeiro
It is with great pride that I tip my hat and give my best Hooaah! to Captain Sherman Powell, United States Army, currently serving a grateful nation at Camp Liberty in Baghdad. He gave the verbal equivalent of a smackdown to NBC's Matt "Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow" Lauer about the current state of MSM reporting related to Iraq, Afghanistan, and the GWOT in general. Here's the exchange as quoted by NewsBusters (HT - Blackfive):

Lauer: Don't get me wrong, I think you're probably telling the truth, but there might be a lot of people wondering how that could be possible with the conditions you're facing and with the insurgent attacks you're facing. What would you say to those people who are doubtful that morale could be that high?

Captain Sherman: Well, sir, I'd tell you, if I got my news from the newspapers also I'd be pretty depressed as well!"
Video clips of the exchange are available at Newsbusters.

Well said, Captain. Thank you for explaining the obvious to the intellectually challenged Lauer.
1 Comment(s):
Captain Powell and I graduated MIT together and are Fraternity Brothers. I couldn't be more proud, but I am not surprised.
Post a Comment

<< Home


Powered by Blogger eXTReMe Tracker

Mormon Temple
Dusty Harry Reid Dusty Harry Reid Drunk Ted Kennedy Sons of the Republic