< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://www.sotr.us" >
Republic. I like the sound of the word. It means people can live free, talk free, go or come, buy or sell, be drunk or sober, however they choose. Some words can give you a feeling that makes your heart warm. Republic is one of those words. - John Wayne

Thursday, August 18, 2005
 
Rage Thinly Veiled By Grief
by Cordeiro
The seemingly unending coverage of Cindy Sheehan's ditch side vigil in Crawford, Texas is beginning to wear on most people. Although I am hesitant to criticize the grieving mother of a fallen soldier, I've taken about all I can take from this woman.

She is using the death of her son as a medium by which to amplify her leftist rage. There is simply no other way to look at the situation.

Drudge today has an excerpt of a speech given by Sheehan at San Francisco State University on April 27, 2005. I would cite Ms. Sheehan here, but this is a PG rated blog and her profanity laced diatribe would be unintelligible if I were to censor it. Even uncensored her comments make little sense to anyone with more than six brain cells.

I am not alone in my disgust. In today's Wall Street Journal Mr. Ronald R. Griffin entitled She Does Not Speak For Me. He lost his son, Kyle, in Iraq also. I commend it for your reading. Also check out Matt Margolis' latest detailing reactions of others who have interacted with W as he attempts to comfort them in their grief.

I find it interesting that, while giving full coverage to Sheehan's ditch side vigil, no mention is made in the MSM of those who feel that she is dishonoring not only her son's memory, but also those who serve and have fallen.
0 Comment(s):
Post a Comment

<< Home


Powered by Blogger eXTReMe Tracker

Mormon Temple
Dusty Harry Reid Dusty Harry Reid Drunk Ted Kennedy Sons of the Republic