< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://www.sotr.us" >
Republic. I like the sound of the word. It means people can live free, talk free, go or come, buy or sell, be drunk or sober, however they choose. Some words can give you a feeling that makes your heart warm. Republic is one of those words. - John Wayne

Thursday, September 22, 2005
 
It's a Boy!
by Bonjo
Please pardon the personal nature of this post.

Earlier today my lovely wife and I welcomed our fourth son to this world. He came in at 8lbs 1oz, just shy of 21" long. He and his mom are doing well. Last time I saw him he was sleeping (quite literally) like a log.

Our first experience with childbirth was a little over four years ago. Not much has changed in this short period of time; the equipment is basically the same, the procedures are the same, etc. I did notice one difference, however.

I had joked with Mrs. Bonjo that I expected the hospital to provide high-speed Internet access. She replied that I was (A) not on a business trip, and (B) not in a hotel. When we arrived at her room this evening, I noticed a small sign that read, "For your convenience, a high-speed Internet access port is available under the desk." Some things have changed in the last few years!

In all, it was a very long, very enjoyable, and very memorable day. Witnessing the arrival of a precious new life into this world is nothing short of miraculous. I thank the heavens above for our new arrival!

(P.S.: Many thanks to the Cordeiro's and the Senior Bonjo's for watching and feeding our other kids!)
3 Comment(s):
I'm quite certain, had you attempted a live blog of the blessed event, Mrs. Bonjo would have reached over, taken hold of your lower lip, and pulled it over your head.
Oh my - congratulations. That is so neat. Four boys, you and your wife sure have your work ahead.
Congrats! I have four kids also-three boys and a girl. My last, a boy, was born on 9/11/01 between the collapse of the two WTC buildings.

Unforgettable day for an amazing gift from God!
Post a Comment

<< Home


Powered by Blogger eXTReMe Tracker

Mormon Temple
Dusty Harry Reid Dusty Harry Reid Drunk Ted Kennedy Sons of the Republic