< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://www.sotr.us" >
Republic. I like the sound of the word. It means people can live free, talk free, go or come, buy or sell, be drunk or sober, however they choose. Some words can give you a feeling that makes your heart warm. Republic is one of those words. - John Wayne

Tuesday, September 13, 2005
 
The John Roberts Show, Day One
by Cordeiro
Well, dear readers, its Lights! Camera! Showtime! for SCOTUS Chief Nominee John Roberts. The Senate Judiciary Committee got to primp and preen before the cameras as they made their introductory statements during the first day of what are sure to be contentious hearings.

The coming days will feature the very best shots the left has to lob at Roberts. I look forward to quoting the likes of "Scotch" Kennedy, Babs Boxer, Dusty Harry, Leaky Leahy and the rest of the Jackass Caucus that makes up the bulk of the Senate Democrats.

That said, John Roberts said more in six and a half minutes than the entire Judiciary Committee said in the seemingly interminable opening session. I will but quote a few lines from his statement:

Judges and justices are servants of the law, not the other way around. They make sure everybody plays by the rules. But that is a limited role. Nobody ever went to a ballgame to see the umpire...If I am confirmed, I will confront every case with an open mind. I will fully and fairly analyze the legal arguments that are presented. I will be open to the considered views of my colleagues on the bench. And I will decide every case based on the record, according to the rule of law, without fear or favor, to the best of my ability. And I will remember that its my job to call balls and strikes, and not to pitch or bat.
The left is and should be scared of this man. They rely on the judiciary to implement that which cannot be accomplished at the ballot box. If, and I surly hope this is true, Roberts intends the Supreme Court to be the arbiter it should be and not the activist the left requires, yet another bastion of liberalism will be on its way to the dustbin.

And with that, I'm going to go back to listening to Roberts calm evisceration of Leaky Leahy.

Here endeth the lesson.
0 Comment(s):
Post a Comment

<< Home


Powered by Blogger eXTReMe Tracker

Mormon Temple
Dusty Harry Reid Dusty Harry Reid Drunk Ted Kennedy Sons of the Republic