< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://www.sotr.us" >
Republic. I like the sound of the word. It means people can live free, talk free, go or come, buy or sell, be drunk or sober, however they choose. Some words can give you a feeling that makes your heart warm. Republic is one of those words. - John Wayne

Thursday, October 06, 2005
 
Disappointed, Not Despondent
by Bonjo
I will admit that I have reservations about President Bush's latest SCOTUS pick. It sort of reminds me of the time when Jeff Bezos unveiled the Segue Human Transport. For days and weeks there had been all sorts of talk and speculation about the secret device that was going to revolutionize society as we knew it.

And it turned out to be a scooter.

I don't know about you, but my life hasn't exactly been revolutionized. I saw a police officer riding a Segue in Atlanta's Hartsfield airport once. Other than that, my life has been relatively unaffected by the two wheeled societal revolution. I digress.

In a worse case scenario, I suppose that is what I can expect from Ms. Miers. There's a good chance she could end up just like Justice "Sandy Baby" O'Connor. If that's the case, then my life and our society will continue on as always. There's always a chance she won't follow in the footsteps of Justice O'Connor, in fact, she could even be what conservatives would consider a decent justice.

Therefore, we at the SOTR join with our friend The Hedgehog in pronouncing that we are officially "chillin'":


I simply hope that Ms. Miers, if confirmed, will uphold the Constitution of the United States as it was written by our forefathers. And, while we're on the topic of appointing friends to judicial vacancies, if I were ever to get the votes necessary to be sitting in President Bush's chair, The Hedgehog would be wise to prepare opening remarks for his confirmation hearing!
0 Comment(s):
Post a Comment

<< Home


Powered by Blogger eXTReMe Tracker

Mormon Temple
Dusty Harry Reid Dusty Harry Reid Drunk Ted Kennedy Sons of the Republic