< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://www.sotr.us" >
Republic. I like the sound of the word. It means people can live free, talk free, go or come, buy or sell, be drunk or sober, however they choose. Some words can give you a feeling that makes your heart warm. Republic is one of those words. - John Wayne

Saturday, October 01, 2005
 
The First Report Is Always Wrong
by Cordeiro
Major K has a post today that is dead on regarding the MSM. For those of you unfamiliar with Major K, he is a soldier currently stationed in Iraq. His writing is excellent and his analysis is second to none.

Straightly put, I would take Major K's analysis of the situation in Iraq over any of the talking heads babbling incessantly on the airwaves today. The post to which I link, however, is about the MSM's coverage of the first days and weeks after Katrina. His opening quote is one I cite simply because I want to use it again sometime:

I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast. ~General William Tecumseh Sherman
Go read the whole thing and thank a true hero for his service.
0 Comment(s):
Post a Comment

<< Home


Powered by Blogger eXTReMe Tracker

Mormon Temple
Dusty Harry Reid Dusty Harry Reid Drunk Ted Kennedy Sons of the Republic