< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://www.sotr.us" >
Republic. I like the sound of the word. It means people can live free, talk free, go or come, buy or sell, be drunk or sober, however they choose. Some words can give you a feeling that makes your heart warm. Republic is one of those words. - John Wayne

Tuesday, October 25, 2005
 
The Grim MSM Countdown
by Cordeiro
Via Cox & Forkum, a picture can - and here does - say a thousand words. The MSM has been steadily counting the coffins coming home from Iraq, hoping and - dare I say - praying for this day to arrive. Today, the 2000th American serviceman gave his (or her) life in the service of their country.

I have no doubt that the anti-war and anti-W left will take pride and relish in this day. For the life of me I cannot understand why. Why is it they watch so intently and mark each milestone with silver caskets at Dover Air Force Base?

They mark the number, but cannot fathom the sacrifice made by those who give the last full measure of devotion to the cause of freedom.

Here endeth the lesson.
1 Comment(s):
I can't speak for anyone else, but I am a part of the anti-Iraq war movement, not the anti-war movement. I do not think 200 killed in Iraq is accurate, but I am certainly not glad it is this high.

I think unfortunately Vietnam has taught this country that a President only withdraws from a quagmire when public reaction to the casualties grows. I think it's stupid myself. Just one soldier dead there is too much.
Post a Comment

<< Home


Powered by Blogger eXTReMe Tracker

Mormon Temple
Dusty Harry Reid Dusty Harry Reid Drunk Ted Kennedy Sons of the Republic