< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://www.sotr.us" >
Republic. I like the sound of the word. It means people can live free, talk free, go or come, buy or sell, be drunk or sober, however they choose. Some words can give you a feeling that makes your heart warm. Republic is one of those words. - John Wayne

Monday, October 10, 2005
 
Take Note: I agree with a Senate Democrat
by Bonjo
At least one Democrat, Senator Barbara Mikulski of Maryland, said the nominee had become a victim of sexism. "They're saying a woman who was one of the first to head up a major law firm with over 400 lawyers doesn't have intellectual heft," Ms. Mikulski said.

I don't agree that Miers is a victim of sexism, but I do agree with my neighboring senator's point that Miers is a capable person, and that much of the venom directed at her isn't credible.

Senator Arlen Specter should take a hit off of smelling salts:

"[Miers] needs a crash course in constitutional law."

My comment to Senator Specter: those who live in glass houses...
0 Comment(s):
Post a Comment

<< Home


Powered by Blogger eXTReMe Tracker

Mormon Temple
Dusty Harry Reid Dusty Harry Reid Drunk Ted Kennedy Sons of the Republic