< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://www.sotr.us" >
Republic. I like the sound of the word. It means people can live free, talk free, go or come, buy or sell, be drunk or sober, however they choose. Some words can give you a feeling that makes your heart warm. Republic is one of those words. - John Wayne

Friday, October 14, 2005
 
You'd Better Dance With The One That Brung Ya
by Cordeiro
In the continuing saga of the spreading P I Dubya Syndrome I find myself in continued amazement at the lengths to which some conservative pundits will go to take shots at Harriet Miers.

Bear in mind, this woman has yet to have a hearing.

The most comical effort was put forth by MSNBC's Tucker Carlson. He locked horns with Hugh Hewitt (The Blogfather) on his show "The Situation". He attempted, and may I emphasize the word attempted, to pull random quotes from Miers and use them to allege her to be an inarticulate buffoon. Hugh made short work of Carlson. Normally I would commend Hugh's work, but it was too easy and only seven people saw the show. You can see the smackdown by downloading it from Political Teen's site.

Laura Ingraham also continues her daily meltdown.

Via Hedgehog I found a piece by Matthew Scully - someone who has actually worked with Harriet Miers. Surprisingly, he has a very different take on her intellect and abilities.

I do not know Mr. Scully, but I will take his word over that of Laura Ingraham or Tucker Carlson. To my knowledge, neither of them have had personal contact or a relationship with Harriet Miers. All they know or can report is hearsay and third hand rumors. That (Laura) makes for bad radio and even worse (Tucker) television.

(Full Disclosure: I don't know Ms. Ingraham or Mr. Carlson, although I did nearly level Carlson once in Times Square. Memo to Mr. Carlson: Pay attention where you're going while yakking on your cell phone.)

I getting really tired of this "friendly fire". When its all said and done, W is the one who gets to nominate people for SCOTUS. While Ingraham, Carlson, Will, Krauthammer, Buchannan, et al may not like W's choice, he did bring them (quite willingly) to the big dance. They can choose to "dance with the one that brung 'em" or they can sit this one out. Either way, I don't really care.

If Miers crashes and burns at her confirmation hearings, I'll be the first to stand here and tell W to yank her nomination. I will not however do so until such time as she has had her day in court. To do otherwise - simply because she didn't belong to the right clubs in High School and graduate Harvard Law violates the principles upon which this nation was founded.

Grow up people.

Here endeth the lesson
0 Comment(s):
Post a Comment

<< Home


Powered by Blogger eXTReMe Tracker

Mormon Temple
Dusty Harry Reid Dusty Harry Reid Drunk Ted Kennedy Sons of the Republic