< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://www.sotr.us" >
Republic. I like the sound of the word. It means people can live free, talk free, go or come, buy or sell, be drunk or sober, however they choose. Some words can give you a feeling that makes your heart warm. Republic is one of those words. - John Wayne

Thursday, November 10, 2005
 
More Potshots at the French
by Cordeiro

The French Government announced Tuesday their pleasure at the decrease in the number of cars being torched by the rioting thugs. For some unknown reason, the rioting thugs only managed to torch 426 cars as opposed to the 741 they torched the previous night.

Maybe its just me, but has anyone considered the possibility France may be running low on torchable cars?

I know, I need to get help. Maybe I'll enter a 12 step program.

Before I do that, however, I will relate a story told to me by a former Marine.

The story involves a old Marine Corp Sergeant who somehow got invited to an Embassy function at a consulate somewhere in France. Most Marines I know would feel more comfortable with a Pizza and a few six packs than at a stuffy embassy function. How the Sergeant wound up there was not clear. Perhaps he lost a bet.

The Sergeant ended up sitting at a table with a French diplomat. They made small talk (again, not a forte of most Marine Sergeants) and eventually the following exchange took place:

Sergeant: Tell me, sir, how many Frenchmen does it take to hold Paris?

French Diplomat: I do not know. It is a joke? Tell me how many Frenchmen does it take to hold Paris?

Sergeant: I don't know. Nobody does. Ain't never been done before!
Diplomacy, Marine style.
2 Comment(s):
*ick* I think the French situation is serious enough not to warrant "snooty" and deprecating humor. Come on... In a way you're making fun of America's color code system, and I guarantee that if a group of Mexican immigrants rose up, they'd be unstoppable.

Give them a few years. In the meantime, why don't Americans get their head out of their... *you know*.
I have an entirely different way of making fun of the DHS HSAS. I was, in fact, making fun of the French system whose predominate color is white. It seems to have gotten the most use in France over the past 70 some years.
Post a Comment

<< Home


Powered by Blogger eXTReMe Tracker

Mormon Temple
Dusty Harry Reid Dusty Harry Reid Drunk Ted Kennedy Sons of the Republic