< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://www.sotr.us" >
Republic. I like the sound of the word. It means people can live free, talk free, go or come, buy or sell, be drunk or sober, however they choose. Some words can give you a feeling that makes your heart warm. Republic is one of those words. - John Wayne

Tuesday, November 22, 2005
 
Private Frank Bongiovanni: "I'm not scared of dying"
by Bonjo
Marine Private Frank Bongiovanni talks about his decision to join the U.S. Armed Forces.

His reason for joining? He was bored with life, and he respected some family members who had served previously.

And what is the outlook of this 19 year old on the service he'll provide? It's summed up nicely here:
I have friends who say, "I would never (enlist). I don't want to see anyone ever do this." They think that the war in Iraq is bad.

To be honest, I don't pay attention to the war enough to have my own feelings. I should, but I don't. I just haven't had time to watch the news. You don't have a TV at boot camp. I just know that we have a job to do. And that's what I have to do now.

I want to go to Iraq. It's war. It happens. But what better time to join than now, while they need the help? Why wait 'til after the war and kind of do nothing, when everything's at ease?

1 Comment(s):
that is a really good point. i too am becoming bored with life and considering elisting to do something worth while and challenging. why do i want to work some stupid retail job when i could be out kicking ass in the desert?
Post a Comment

<< Home


Powered by Blogger eXTReMe Tracker

Mormon Temple
Dusty Harry Reid Dusty Harry Reid Drunk Ted Kennedy Sons of the Republic