< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://www.sotr.us" >
Republic. I like the sound of the word. It means people can live free, talk free, go or come, buy or sell, be drunk or sober, however they choose. Some words can give you a feeling that makes your heart warm. Republic is one of those words. - John Wayne

Thursday, November 03, 2005
 
Racial Politics
by Cordeiro
Let's talk a bit about racial politics today. The issue of race and racism - both real and implied - have manifested themselves in undeniable fashion over the past few days in different venues, but the overall message is the same.

Democrats are the party of "The Minority" (read Black or African American).
Republicans are little more than White Sheeted Racists looking for an excuse to lynch black people.

It is taboo in today's society to make racially disparaging or otherwise insensitive remarks about black people. This is as it should be.

If I may digress for a minute to answer the obvious question: Cordeiro, why don't you use the term "African American"? Well, sometimes I do, and sometimes I don't. For the purpose of this post, I will defer to the late SCOTUS Justice Thurgood Marshall who said "Don't refer to me as an African American. I am a Black Man." If my terminology offends you, I'm sorry. End of digression.

Personally, I abhor racist language. I do not use it nor do I permit its use in my presence. The hardest, most vicious hit I ever delivered on the football field was directed at an opponent who used a racial epithet in reference to one of my team mates.

The Leftist Black Establishment (for lack of a better term) evidently doesn't share my views. The best example of this is the current Lieutenant Governor of Maryland Michael Steele. Steele is currently seeking the US Senate seat from his state. To date he has been pelted with Oreo cookies and called everything from an "Uncle Tom" to "Simple Sambo" - complete with a doctored photo showing him as a Blackfaced Minstrel.

Michael Steele has committed an unforgivable crime, you see. He's black. In addition to that, he's a conservative Republican.

Where are these attacks coming from? People like State Senator Verna Jones, Baltimore Democrat and vice chairman of the General Assembly's black caucus. She says the aforementioned acts are simply "pointing out the obvious".

Evidently any black politician who strays from the Democratic Party's Reservation is subject to friendly fire from their own race. These remarks, though obviously patently racist, are allowed to spew forth without consequence. After all, a Black Conservative Republican has sold out to "The Man".

Michael Steele is not alone in this situation. I cite the examples of J.C Watts - the Oklahoma Congressman denied entry into the Congressional Black Caucus, Condoleeza Rice, Colin Powell, and Rod Paige. All Republicans, all Black, and most universally regarded as sell outs by the Leftist Black Establishment.

Racism is not a one way street. Racists should be called what they are, no matter which side of the isle or race they may be on.

Here endeth the lesson.
0 Comment(s):
Post a Comment

<< Home


Powered by Blogger eXTReMe Tracker

Mormon Temple
Dusty Harry Reid Dusty Harry Reid Drunk Ted Kennedy Sons of the Republic