< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://www.sotr.us" >
Republic. I like the sound of the word. It means people can live free, talk free, go or come, buy or sell, be drunk or sober, however they choose. Some words can give you a feeling that makes your heart warm. Republic is one of those words. - John Wayne

Monday, December 05, 2005
 
Lurch Kerry - The Potomac Two-Step
by Cordeiro
Via Captain Ed this morning, I came across a transcript of his latest appearance on the CBS Sunday show Face the Nation.

I didn't see it. I'm pretty sure I'm not alone. As Sunday morning shows go, Face the Nation ranks slightly above Popeye reruns on Boomerang. Political Teen has the video if you want to see Lurch attempt the Potomac Two Step.

First Lurch didn't want to withdraw, but he wanted a timetable to withdraw. At least that's what it sounded like:

Well I'm not asking even for the specific timetable for withdrawal. I'm asking for a specific timetable of transfer of authority, or transfer of responsibility of the shift and the setting of the benchmarks specifically that allow us to bring our troops home.
If you can make sense of that statement, feel free to translate it for me in the comments section.

But on Face the Nation, Lurch sank to a new low, referring to US forces in Iraq as a terrorizing force:

And there is no reason, Bob, that young American soldiers need to be going into the homes of Iraqis in the dead of night, terrorizing kids and children, you know, women, breaking sort of the customs of the--of--the historical customs, religious customs. Whether you like it or not...
Men, I guess, are immune from being terrorized.

Lurch has taken a belated cue from his Jackass CaucuColleagueue Dick Durbin by characterizing the US Military as a force for terrorism in Iraq. This same Lurch who, taking a cue from Algore, evidently created within his virtual memory, soldiers from whom he could quote:

Every troop [sic] I've met in Iraq comes up to me and says, 'Thanks for speaking out on this.'
**Author's note: The [sic] is put there for a reason. No soldier I've ever known has been referred to as a "troop". The correct term is "soldier" or "trooper". This just illustrates Lurch's complete lack of knowledge about any term related to the military.

I don't know about you, but Lurch's Potomac Two-Step is beginning to look like a really bad rhumba. I'm getting dizzy just trying to watch it.

Here endeth the lesson.
0 Comment(s):
Post a Comment

<< Home


Powered by Blogger eXTReMe Tracker

Mormon Temple
Dusty Harry Reid Dusty Harry Reid Drunk Ted Kennedy Sons of the Republic