< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://www.sotr.us" >
Republic. I like the sound of the word. It means people can live free, talk free, go or come, buy or sell, be drunk or sober, however they choose. Some words can give you a feeling that makes your heart warm. Republic is one of those words. - John Wayne

Tuesday, March 28, 2006
 
Lieutenant Colonel Tim Maxwell, USMC
by Cordeiro
When my son asks me questions about heroes, I intend to tell him about people like Lieutenant Colonel Tim Maxwell, USMC.

LTC Maxwell has served his country in the United States Marine Corps for over 20 years. I'm sure he has a wall full of decorations for his service during peace and war. You don't get silver oak leaves in the Corps for anything less. LTC Maxwell was seriously wounded by an explosion in Iraq two years ago this October.

His injuries are grievous - including a traumatic brain injury which necessitates him having to re-learn how to things most of us take for granted. He could be bitter, he could be angry - I'm sure somedays he is. What struck me most about his commentary was his concern for his team - the men he led in battle.

He has a can-do attitude. He refuses to let his circumstance dictate his outlook on life or hope for the future.

Semper Fi, Colonel. B-Team Marines are A-Team players anywhere in the world. We need more guys with your tenacity.

Here endeth the lesson.
1 Comment(s):
Your blog piece is excellent.

Dear Marine: I hope you'll strongly support the congressional campaign effort of Lt. Col. William T. Russell against John Murtha in PA's 12th District. Russell needs your support. You can find Russell's web site at: http://williamrussellforcongress.com.

If every Marine offers even a ten-dollar contribution to Russell, he will win this race. His campaign manager is Larry Stiles (USMC, VietNam era). I write almost daily about the Russell Campaign, emphasizing the strategy and tactics that will lead to victory. I invite you to visit as often as you'd like at: http://stevemaloneygop.blogspot.com.

You can sign up for "Bloggers 4 Russell" either by leaving me a commnet on my site or by e-mailing me at TalkTop65@aol.com. Many Marines are involved in this effort (and many Army types). Please join our effort. God belss and good luck.

steve maloney
http://stevemaloneygop.blogspot.com
Post a Comment

<< Home


Powered by Blogger eXTReMe Tracker

Mormon Temple
Dusty Harry Reid Dusty Harry Reid Drunk Ted Kennedy Sons of the Republic