< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://www.sotr.us" >
Republic. I like the sound of the word. It means people can live free, talk free, go or come, buy or sell, be drunk or sober, however they choose. Some words can give you a feeling that makes your heart warm. Republic is one of those words. - John Wayne

Tuesday, April 25, 2006
 
Staff Sergeant Martin Richburg, United States Army
by Cordeiro
I love it when I can find a reference to living heroes.

Via Blackfive and Anchoress, I submit for your reading the heroic actions of Staff Sergeant Martin Richburg, 2nd Battalion, 3rd Field Artillery Regiment, 1st Brigade, 1st Armored Division of the United States Army. Sergeant Richburg is currently stationed in Al Kisik, Iraq.

The full details of his story can be found in the Stars and Stripes article. As far as I can tell, there are no MSM references to this incident. When you figure out what possible reason there can be for this oversight, please let me know. In the mean time, go read the whole thing.

As I was reading the article, a sudden realization came to me. The Ravishing Mrs. Cordeiro calls me on either my office or cell line three or four times a day. Occasionally I have to put her on hold, or set the phone down to take care of some professional business, placate the boss, or similar activities. Needless to say, I've never had to postpone my conversation with the Ravishing Mrs. Cordeiro to go and wreck the designs of a would be suicide bomber.

Which brought to mind the question: What exactly did he tell his wife? "Hold on for a second honey, I've got to go save the day"?

Whatever it was, Sergeant Richburg, kudos for a job well done. The Army Commendation Medal with the Combat "V" is well earned. With all due respect to the Army, the nomination for the Bronze Star falls just a little bit short of what you deserve.
0 Comment(s):
Post a Comment

<< Home


Powered by Blogger eXTReMe Tracker

Mormon Temple
Dusty Harry Reid Dusty Harry Reid Drunk Ted Kennedy Sons of the Republic