< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://www.sotr.us" >
Republic. I like the sound of the word. It means people can live free, talk free, go or come, buy or sell, be drunk or sober, however they choose. Some words can give you a feeling that makes your heart warm. Republic is one of those words. - John Wayne

Friday, October 13, 2006
 
Raj: A Candidate I'd Vote For
by Bonjo
Raj Peter Bhakta, a U.S. congressional candidate in Pennsylvania, illustrated the absurdity of U.S. border insecurity earlier this week.

Raj (a former contestant on "The Apprentice") brought three elephants to the mouth of the Rio Grande river, along with a 6-man mariachi band. The band played, the elephants played in the river, and U.S. Border Patrol was otherwise unaware.

“To my surprise, the band played on, the elephants splashed away, and nobody showed up,” Bhakta said of the stunt. “I’m astounded.”

...

“If I can get an elephant led by a mariachi band into this country, I think Osama bin Laden['s men] could get across with all the weapons of mass destruction [they] could get into this country,” Bhakta said.
(I took the liberty of editing the last portion of Bhakta's comments to reflect what I believe was his intent.)

His demonstration was a well-executed illustration of our country's immigration and security issues. Well done, Raj, and good luck on November 7th.

I now return to my adventures in capitalism.
0 Comment(s):
Post a Comment

<< Home


Powered by Blogger eXTReMe Tracker

Mormon Temple
Dusty Harry Reid Dusty Harry Reid Drunk Ted Kennedy Sons of the Republic