< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://www.sotr.us" >
Republic. I like the sound of the word. It means people can live free, talk free, go or come, buy or sell, be drunk or sober, however they choose. Some words can give you a feeling that makes your heart warm. Republic is one of those words. - John Wayne

Wednesday, October 25, 2006
 
Washington Post endorses Republican Ehrlich
by Bonjo
"Mrs. Bonjo," I called, "when did I get this eyeglass prescription?"

"In July," she responded.

I guess my eyes were not deceiving me. The Washington Post's editorial read "For Governor in Maryland: A second term for Mr. Ehrlich."

The Washington Post has endorsed Maryland's Republican gubernatorial candidate? Stop the presses, and make sure that wasn't a typo!

Mr. Ehrlich, for all his faults, has shaken up the old guard in Maryland politics -- while appointing plenty of Democrats to his cabinet and judgeships. If he were wise, he would use a second term to start anew with the legislature and build on his record of achievement.
Okay, so it's not a glowing endorsement, the type handed to John Kerry in 2004. The Post's editorial staff is careful to point out that they are not Ehrlich groupies, but this headline beats "Man Bites Dog" any day.

I now return to my adventures in capitalism.
0 Comment(s):
Post a Comment

<< Home


Powered by Blogger eXTReMe Tracker

Mormon Temple
Dusty Harry Reid Dusty Harry Reid Drunk Ted Kennedy Sons of the Republic