< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://www.sotr.us" >
Republic. I like the sound of the word. It means people can live free, talk free, go or come, buy or sell, be drunk or sober, however they choose. Some words can give you a feeling that makes your heart warm. Republic is one of those words. - John Wayne

Friday, January 19, 2007
 
Moqtada al-Sadr Catches A Clue
by Cordeiro
Moqtada al-Sadr Catches A Clue

Some people are just dense. The figurehead leader of the Iraq’s outlaw Mahdi Army Militia – none other than the Punkish Thug Moqtada al-Sadr – has become concerned that he might be a target of W’s surge strategy.

Regarding al-Sadr’s new found clairvoyance, I have but a one word reaction. Duh.

In the past two days some 400 of his men have been arrested and this morning Sheik Abdul-Hadi al-Darraji, al-Sadr's media director in Baghdad was picked up by US and Iraqi forces.

al-Sadr, in an interview with La Republica, said he was being “targeted”. al-Sadr is obviously a genius. He continued:
For this reason, I have moved my family to a secure location. I even have had a will drawn up, and I move continuously in a way that only few can know where I am.
You can’t say he hasn’t been reading the handwriting on the wall. Every time one of his body guards starts whistling a tune, I’m sure Moqtada’s pucker factor goes up a notch or two.

Evidently the Muslim holy month of Muharram is approaching and al-Sadr has pledged not to undertake violence during this month.
Let them kill us. For a true believer there is no better moment than this to die: Heaven is ensured. After Muharram, we'll see.
Memo to Moqtada: I think you’ll find the US Armed Forces very uninterested in your holy month observation practices. With all the people dropping around you, it’s only a matter of time before you screw up once too often. I like the mention of your pre-written will. Personally, I hope it gets used quickly.

Here endeth the lesson.
0 Comment(s):
Post a Comment

<< Home


Powered by Blogger eXTReMe Tracker

Mormon Temple
Dusty Harry Reid Dusty Harry Reid Drunk Ted Kennedy Sons of the Republic