< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://www.sotr.us" >
Republic. I like the sound of the word. It means people can live free, talk free, go or come, buy or sell, be drunk or sober, however they choose. Some words can give you a feeling that makes your heart warm. Republic is one of those words. - John Wayne

Wednesday, January 24, 2007
 
Why I Stand With W
by Cordeiro
I know I'm a bit late in blogging on the State of the Union, but some of us bloggers do in fact have real jobs to do on occassion.

I thought W delivered a very good speech with a lot of class. His recognition of Nancy Pelosi's historic ascent to the Speaker's Chair was an incredible demonstration of classic statesmanship. Unlike a good number of Democrats, including the man charged with giving the Democratic response, W used his time on the national stage to attempt to unify the nation. All Jim Webb could do was be condescending and arrogant. He's good at that.

W remarked on many issues facing this nation. The economy, despite whinings to the contrary by Nancy, Harry, et al, is incredibly strong. The budget needs to be balanced and can be so without having to resort the tried and failed Democratic revenue tactic of raising taxes. Social Security and Medicare need to be addressed - and fast. I could go on, but I'd prefer you bypass the MSM filter and actually read or watch the speech for yourself.

In my not so humble opinion, I believe this to be the most important statement of W's entire speech. As he finished speaking about Iraq, he stated:
This is where matters stand tonight, in the here and now. I have spoken with many of you in person. I respect you and the arguments you've made. We went into this largely united, in our assumptions and in our convictions. And whatever you voted for, you did not vote for failure. Our country is pursuing a new strategy in Iraq, and I ask you to give it a chance to work. And I ask you to support our troops in the field, and those on their way. (Emphasis Added)
This is why, despite the fact I don't always see eye to eye with W, I stand with him. He isn't afraid to stand in the gap and fight the good fight. He knows this war - despite the fact its not the war we expected - must be fought and and won. Simply put - if the Islamofacist Murdering Thugs have there way and America is defeated in Iraq - it won't really matter how many jobs we create at home or what the top marginal tax rate is. Domestic politics may make the GOP unpopular. The Foreign Policy trumpeted by Dusty Harry and Company will get us killed.

It really is that simple.

For this purpose I have signed the NRSC Pledge at the behest of Blogfather Hugh. Can you hear me, Senator Warner? Not one damn dime!

Here endeth the lesson
0 Comment(s):
Post a Comment

<< Home


Powered by Blogger eXTReMe Tracker

Mormon Temple
Dusty Harry Reid Dusty Harry Reid Drunk Ted Kennedy Sons of the Republic