< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://www.sotr.us" >
Republic. I like the sound of the word. It means people can live free, talk free, go or come, buy or sell, be drunk or sober, however they choose. Some words can give you a feeling that makes your heart warm. Republic is one of those words. - John Wayne

Wednesday, July 04, 2007
 
High Treason
by Cordeiro
No, I'm not talking about W's commutation of Scooter Libby's prison sentence.

I'm talking about what 56 men committed when they put their names to a document which would forever change the way people looked upon the institutions of government and thought about a strange new concept called "freedom".

Had Washington's fortunes been a little different at Valley Forge - or any number of other Revolutionary War battles, these men would have paid for their audacity with their lives and quite possibly the lives of their families.

Yet, they
with a firm reliance on the protection of Divine Providence
mutually pledged to each other their lives, fortunes, and their Sacred Honor to the cause for which we today celebrate.

So, Dear Reader, have a great Fourth of July. Enjoy the fireworks, but remember that the first fireworks were real.

Here endeth the lesson.
1 Comment(s):
Hello. I liked your July 4th post...a sobering reminder indeed.

I would consider it an honor and a privilege if you would add my blog "The Tygrrrr Express" www.blacktygrrrr.wordpress.com to your list of linked sites
if you feel the quality is high.

I came across your blog through Captain Ed's website, since I enjoy his writing.

Happy 4th.

eric
P.S. If I already requested this of you, or you already added me, my bad in advance.
Post a Comment

<< Home


Powered by Blogger eXTReMe Tracker

Mormon Temple
Dusty Harry Reid Dusty Harry Reid Drunk Ted Kennedy Sons of the Republic