< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://www.sotr.us" >
Republic. I like the sound of the word. It means people can live free, talk free, go or come, buy or sell, be drunk or sober, however they choose. Some words can give you a feeling that makes your heart warm. Republic is one of those words. - John Wayne

Thursday, August 09, 2007
 
Hillary's Résumé
by Cordeiro
I’d first like to take this opportunity to apologize for the lack of recent posts here at SOTR. Bonjo and I have discussed it and we’ve concluded the blame lies with Global Warming. It’s hot here in our neck of the woods. Damn Hot. Very Hot.

Now to the subject at hand.

Over my professional career I’ve had several different jobs. Basically that means I’ve had to write several résumés which I had to send to many different companies. I’ve also had my share of job interviews where I was required to defend the claims made in my résumé. I’ve also been on the other side of the job interview table and am very familiar with the creative means used by people to overplay accomplishments and downplay failures. As a general rule, its not a good idea to clam you can walk on water when you’re not even able to swim.

That said, in all the résumés I’ve ever written, I’ve never seen fit to include the experience or accomplishments of the Ravishing Mrs. Cordeiro as a part of my résumé. She’s a brilliant and accomplished woman in her own right and while I may assist her in some of her exploits, I’ve never seen fit to take credit for her professional accomplishments – and vice-versa.

This is not the case where Hillary! and Bill Clinton are concerned. Now I realize that political power couples play by a somewhat different rulebook than the rest of us. But when Hillary! made the following statement at the AFL-CIO Union Thug Debate on Tuesday:

I want a united Democratic Party that will stand against the Republicans. And I will say that for 15 years I’ve stood up against the right-wing machine and I’ve come out stronger. So, if you want a winner, who knows how to take them on, I’m your girl. (Emphasis Added)
Here’s the video for added effect:



For the benefit of the historically challenged, let’s review Hillary’s political résumé. It won’t take long because the record is exceptionally thin.

2000-Present - Junior United States Senator from the State of New York. She was elected to this seat despite never having prior residence in the Empire State.

1992-2000 – First Lady of the United States during the two terms served by her husband – Bill Clinton. This is an unelected position which is accountable to nobody – not even the President. There are no pre-requisites nor constitutionally dictated requirements or qualifications for the First Lady. All that is required is that the woman be married to the President.

Hillary! learned a hard lesson about just how much power the First Lady wields in Washington. She’d really rather most of America forget her first foray into the health care arena. Most of us can remember back to 1992 and the debacle she led with such flair. I’d bring up the Travel Office scandal, the Rose Law Firm billing records discovery (in her private White House office), and her various depositions before several Grand Juries, but I think that record pretty much speaks for itself. Her time as First Lady is not exactly a bright spot in White House history.

Hillary! is claiming her time as First Lady among the “15 years” she’s spent winning battles against the “right wing machine”. First off, I’m pretty sure if you check the scorecard, she lost more battles against that machine than she won and caused more problems than she solved.

As for her Senate record, there’s not a lot of there there either. Although I’m usually hesitant to take Dick Morris’ word on much, he does know Clinton, Inc. pretty well. Says Dick:

Hillary has done nothing of note in the Senate except to vote for the Iraq War, a position she has since disavowed, and to win the applause of her colleagues for not being partisan and obstinate. Her main efforts have been directed at raising massive sums of money for herself and her colleagues and making a lot from writing and selling her memoirs. Her efforts on behalf of New York after Sept. 11, 2001, have been exposed as largely derivative of those of her colleague, the more effective Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.).

She has passed no important legislation, except for bills congratulating Alexander Hamilton, Shirley Chisolm, Harriet Tubman, the American Republic, and the Syracuse lacrosse teams on their respective accomplishments.

Forgive me, dear reader, if I fail to see a record upon which a substantial case can be made for elevating Hillary! to the highest office in the land. On her own – a scant seven years in the US Senate – she has accomplished little other than sniping at the Oval’s current occupant on CSPAN-2.

And some wonder why people have little else to write about other than how much cleavage Hillary! shows on CSPAN. They’ve nothing else with which to fill their column inches.

Americans require more of their President.

Here endeth the lesson.
1 Comment(s):
So after such a sound pummeling, which is not in the least bit undeserved, I'm sure you'll point out that good ol' Rudy doesn't have a resume worth standing on either. As a matter of fact, I'm not sure George Bush has much of a record either. Especially considering that the real power in Texas politics is in the Lt. Governor role, at least since reconstruction.

The only resumes that seem worthwhile then become Ron Paul, Dennis Kucinich and possibly John McCain.

Honestly, I can't think of many presidents in recent history who have had 15 years doing anything useful. That's too long for a politician to fight for anything without dipping into business coffers or fielding the next opinion poll.
Post a Comment

<< Home


Powered by Blogger eXTReMe Tracker

Mormon Temple
Dusty Harry Reid Dusty Harry Reid Drunk Ted Kennedy Sons of the Republic